Thursday, July 24, 2014

Gratitude, Humility & Surrender




"We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God." - St. Francis De Sales

Recently I’ve been picking up some interesting books at the library detailing, “CEO success stories”, and “ways to advance your career.” I often find myself to be very impatient with the way a current job or financial situation is working out and so I’m constantly looking at ways to improve myself. When it comes to the impatient feelings, I know that I am not alone. No one is being okay with being mediocre.

What if God wants us to be in this state of dissatisfaction though? I’m not saying that God takes pleasure in seeing us complain and be unhappy. We do not have a God who laughs at our shortcomings. I feel that we do sometimes overlook the idea that God’s will for us at this very moment, is to stay put with the way our lives are panning out now. God could care less if we were CEO’s of billion dollar companies or have stellar reputations. God does care however, about how we use the times that we struggle with being ordinary. When we feel impatient and wish that things could be better; do we pray for the grace to accept things the way they are? Or do we grumble and complain?


 I think there is always a great need for us to be grateful for what have. It can be through these avenues of ordinary living in fact, that we really come to understand the way God works. God wants us to be patient with Him. God is in control at every moment and that’s a great comfort that we can give our restlessness to.

No comments:

Post a Comment